Fundamental marketing is a combination of reputation management and brand marketing where customers who have had an encounter with a particular brand will write about their experience as well as the quality of the products or services they received. These reviews are posted on social media platforms and this will have a huge impact on the progress of the business.
The following are the main fundamentals of reputation marketing:
- Listings: When listing your business online, ensure that you provide all the necessary details that will direct customers to you and not to your competitors. If this is not done the right way, another business may claim your listing and provide the details that you had omitted in your listing such as the contact number.
- Reviews: A customer who gets to know about your business will want to know what other customers are saying regarding your business and the best way to do this will be checking the reviews from previous customers. You should make a point of requesting your customers to leave a review after a transaction and if possible, offer an incentive in return.
- Social: To prove to potential clients that you care about your customers and are also concerned with what matters to them, you can engage with them through social platforms like Facebook. You should also make regular posts which should not always be about your business. These posts should be funny, inspiring, and beautiful in appearance as well.
- Search Engine Optimization: You should also work on your business’ ranking on Google. Let your page have a catchy title that will speak about what your page is all about. The structure of your page’s URL should also be simple so that Google will easily locate it.
The content of your page should make it stand out from the other competing businesses due to the provision of unique content.
- Advertising: Though everything is taking a digital turn today, the impact that traditional marketing platforms like television and newspapers can have on a business. A person who sees an advert on a traditional platform will be inspired to find out more regarding the business and this is where he will turn online sources.
- Content: When a customer shows interest in your business and takes the step to make the first purchase, what you do afterward will either retain him or make him keep looking for alternatives. Let your page be a place where the customer will learn about a new product in the market, post videos, photo albums, and podcasts as a way of humanizing your brand.
The image you portray regarding your business will either take you higher or lead to your downfall. Asking people to write a positive review regarding your business may seem like an uphill task but when they do, you will see the benefits of the review. Customers want to deal with a business that has a good reputation from the customers who have been dealing with them in the past making it equally as important as search engine optimization. If there are no reviews regarding your business, people will prefer dealing with your competitors who have put the extra effort of asking their customers to post a review regarding them.